DENTAL IMPLANTS GILBERT AZ
Michael Mazaheri DDS Implant Dentist
Dental Implants For Missing Teeth
One of the most common dental procedures we offer is dental implants in Gilbert, AZ. Tooth loss is among the most common dental conditions we treat at our Gilbert dental office. This condition can arise from decay, fractures, trauma, gum disease, or teeth can be missing due to genetics. Before dental implants, the treatments to replace missing teeth included dentures or bridges. With the innovation of dental implants replacing missing teeth has become a relatively straightforward process. Dental implants enable the restoration of missing teeth with natural-looking, long-lasting results.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a type of cylindrical prosthesis fabricated out of bio grade titanium that is placed in the jaw bone and integrates with the bone. These titanium implants provide a strong foundation for the replacement tooth that the implant crown attaches.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
Some of the significant advantages of having dental implants to replace missing teeth include:
- Improved chewing and function
- Restoration of Aesthetics
- Speech improvement
- Increase in comfort
- Normal chewing and function
- Secure fit
- They preserve jaw bone
- Prevent adjacent teeth from shifting
Dental Implant Procedure
Treatment for dental implants starts by evaluating the space to assess the bone quality and the surrounding structures. A 3-D x-ray or CT scan allows evaluation and planning for the dental implant.
- Surgical Phase
The surgical phase is the placement of a titanium dental implant in the jaw bone by the use of a surgical guide and the associate bone graft
- Healing Phase
Dental implants need time to heal and integrate with the jawbone. On average it takes bout 3-6 months for dental implants to integrate with the jaw bone depending on the location and quality of the bone.
- Restorative Phase
once the dental implant is healed, it is ready to receive the final restoration. Many options enable the attachment of different types of the prosthesis to the dental implants depending on the patient’s case.
Types of dental implant restorations we offer
- Single Dental Implants- individual dental implants are the most popular types that are placed to replace one or more missing teeth
- Full Mouth Dental Implants- If you are suffering from complete mouth tooth loss then full mouth implants may be the answer
- All On 4 Dental Implants– Teeth in a day, or all on four implants are an economical way to receive a full set of teeth in just one day by the placement of only 4 implants per arch
- Overdenture Dental Implants- Dental implants enable the secure fit of a denture to a dental implant