Dental extraction are usually needed as result of damage to teeth that are either beyond repair, or otherwise too costly to repair for predictable long term outcome.
There are numerous reasons as to why a tooth may need a dental extraction from the mouth. The diagnosis for the removal of a tooth usually arises due to either tooth decay, tooth fractures, trauma, periodontal disease, or tooth damage beyond repair.
A decision may be made to remove a tooth due to any of the following:
- Severe damage from decay that would have a poor prognosis long term
- Bone loss from severe periodontal disease
- Impacted tooth
- Supernumerary tooth (extra tooth)
- Need to make room for orthodontic treatment
- Preventive extraction of wisdom teeth to avoid future problems
- Dental infection
At our office, we offer oral sedation or the laughing gas to make your dental extraction visit as pleasant as possible. If you think you require a tooth extraction in Gilbert, AZ, please give our dental office a call for an appointment.